There are a few works of literature that apply to ALL people no matter of race, color or creed. The most powerful words you will ever hear, in my opinion, come from a genuine heart which lives in a place called sincerity. And this is one very sincere message that can tell of any personal struggle any human has come face to face with. I, Too is one of those poems that lives on its powerful words and their reverberating meaning. This is a work not to be taken casually. Enjoy!
I, TOO
I, too, sing America.
I am the darker brother.
They send me to eat in the kitchen
When company comes,
But I laugh,
And eat well,
And grow strong.
Tomorrow,
I'll be at the table
When company comes.
Nobody'll dare
Say to me,
"Eat in the kitchen,"
Then.
Besides,
They'll see how beautiful I am
And be ashamed -
I, too, am America.