Sunday, July 25, 2010

Missin' Me

I am all about self definition. Knowing who you are and being comfortable with who you are. But as human beings we have a tendency to lose sight of ourselves and what we should be. I will admit that I have done this plenty of times in my life and what I have done is learn to forgive myself and move on. This is a piece about those emotions that I felt during those times. Let me know what you think.....

MISSIN' ME
by LADY EMERALD

I miss you so
How could I have let you go?
When you were here
those around saw cheer
grins from ear to ear
no fears, no tears.

You were who you were
supposed to be
and without you
I am a different me.
Timid, depressed
smiles are less and less.

I need you back
so I can be whole.
I want to be me again
Tell me where to find
you
Me
The person I used to be.

Because since that day I
you went away
things have fallen
fallen down
fallen apart.

I want to have you back
I need to get you back
Me back
that part of me, you see
I lost.
Will you ever return?