Friday, September 21, 2012

Salutations. Well, my mind has had a lot of time to wander and make me wonder about the world around me. My mind has forced me sit and asked myself how is it that I live in a world that I choose to know so very little about? I repeat the same processes everyday and yet I am ignorant about a fulfilling life. So, I decided that something had to change. Everyday I allow myself to be fully aware of the people, places and things that exist outside of my own personal universe. I take a two-hour long walk through my neighborhood and i try not to take the same path everytime. I believe this would allow for a brand new experience everytime and thus far I haven't been disappointed. I have seen wonderful new flowers, baby animals and everything from a half-painted house to a random leaf prints that made faces. It is magical.

So I ask, how much of our existence is only what we have allowed it to be and how much of it is natural? How often do we take the time and appreciate what is out there beyond our personal space and universe?

If you dare, I ask that you allow your mind to be free enough to enjoy what is not your own, personal experience, but what can be an external experience that stands on its own and begs to be recognized...



Be Observant
by Lady Emerald

As a poet
We are influenced
By everyday events.
Things we see
Hear
Feel
Our entire human encounter
Is a poetic verse
Waiting to be
Written.
Our job;
To find the lyrics and
Sing them acapella, beacause
It’s not everyday the world arranges itself
In a poem.

To know the
Unknown
To see with
A third eye.
It is a tedious job
But someone has to know
It’s not everyday
The world arranges itself
Into a poem.

When it happens
There is an inner grin,
A childlike giggle
That emerges from within
A poet.
It is at that moment
We know that there
Is so much to be
Discovered
Cherished.
An ongoing story
Will be told
On this day.
Because
It’s not everyday the world
Arranges itself in to a poem.

Learn to take notice.

No comments: